Friday, September 9, 2016

~ FIRST FRIDAY ~
                                      
WELCOME BACK!
First Friday:  Hello!  Welcome to our High Ability (HA) blog! This is our weekly blog that will allow you to peek inside our classroom to see what exciting things the children our learning throughout the year.  A weekly email will be sent when the blog is ready to view for the week.  My goal will be to have it ready for you every Friday. You will be able to access the blog from a link at the bottom of the email or from Yost’s homepage under classrooms.

Our weekly schedule will be Mondays and Tuesdays Language Arts (LA) and Wednesdays and Thursdays Math.  If your child qualified for both, I will see them all four days!  On Fridays, I'll meet with the other HA Instructors to share lesson plans for the upcoming week which means no classes on that day.

High ability will meet twice a week during flex time for a half an hour each day.  Flex time is a time set aside at Yost per grade level for students to receive more intensified instruction.  Your child's teacher and I will keep an open line of communication to make sure their needs are being met in both locations.
I have been training with the other HA instructors at liberty for the past few weeks.  I am very excited to meeting the students on Monday and Wednesday and getting started with our classes!
                                                   
                                             Looking forward to an...
                                              INCREDIBLE YEAR

Get to Know Me: I was born and raised in Michigan City, Indiana and currently still live in the area.  I am a graduate from Michigan City High School.  I originally attended Ivy Tech Community College for Hospitality Management.  During that time, I participated in the Walt Disney College Program.  This was an amazing experience where I learned many skills I utilize still to this day.  I have completed two years of Early Childhood Education and will be continuing my course work online this year.

My drive to want to pursue my education comes from working in the school systems since 2011.  I started off working with MCAS as a guest teacher in spring of 2011.  I was offered an instructional assistant position in the fall of 2011.  As an instructional assistant I worked with K-6 students instructing small reading groups.  This will be my first year joining Duneland School Corporation and the HA team.  I am looking forward to a new challenge this year and meeting all my new students.

I am a mom to two wonderful children!  I have a daughter in 7th grade and son in 2nd grade.  My children keep me on my toes and running in many different directions.  My daughter is active in running, swimming and voice.  My son will be starting his second season in swimming.  They joined the Duneland Swim Club last season, so you may see me in my spare time in the bleachers at the pool!  My daughter participates in voice and musicals with Premier Performance also in Chesterton.  I am quickly becoming familiar with the area as we are here 6 days a week!

A secret of mine I will share with you is I love all things DISNEY!  My family and I take a yearly trip to visit the Mouse every summer!  This family time is something I look forward to and treasure every year.  My love for Disney and planning our trips has even opened a new road for me in planning trips for other families.  I just started this adventure this past year and love sharing my love for Disney with other families and help them create these memories with their families.

A hobby of mine I have enjoyed since 2004 is coaching volleyball!  I was an assistant varsity and JV coach in North Judson, Indiana from 2004 to 2008.  I also coached club volleyball since 2004 for Dunes Volleyball Club.  I have coached many different age groups from 12’s to 17’s.  A fun fact about coaching is my teams would travel down to Orlando, Florida every June for Nationals.

In the summer my kids and I love to spend our free time at the beach.  We love grabbing some ice cream and also enjoy a sunset over the lake.  A guilty habit is we love to eat out and enjoy new restaurants or visiting some of our favorites.  In the evenings we love to use our new fire-pit we just built and roast some marshmallows.  These are just some things my family and I enjoy to do together and I am sure you will learn more about me as I always share stories!

Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.  Looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment